Q: looking for open problems

Jason Miller millerj at truman.edu
Tue Jul 15 18:05:46 EST 2003

I am a mathematician interested in transitioning to studying and
contributing to the field of mathematical biology.  At my university
there are several biology faculty with problems at the intesection of
the mathematical and biological sciences, and I may have the opportunity
to enter into a collaborative relationship with one or more of them.
However, I am interested in identifying other open problems in the
literature that established mathematical/quantitative biologists would
find interesting.

Can anybody adivse me on sources for findings good open problems that
would help me cut my teeth on mathematical biology?  I do know that I am
interested in modeling more than bioinformatics.

Thanks in advance for your support.

Jason Miller (millerj at truman.edu)
Associate Professor of Mathematics
Truman State University, Kirksville, MO