cDNA <-> genomic DNA

Philipp Pagel philipp.pagel at gmx.de
Thu Jun 26 12:11:37 EST 2003

Vayuputra <vayuputra369 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,

> Is there an online resource which allows me to align a cDNA sequence with a
> corresponding genomic sequence?  In other words, if I'm trying to find out
> the intron-exon structure of a cDNA I have with some genomic sequence
> information I obtained, what's the best way to get the intron-exon structure
> info.?

Dot-plots are a pretty good way to do that. E.g. using dotmatcher,
dotpath or dottup from the EMBOSS suite.

http://www.hgmp.mrc.ac.uk/Software/EMBOSS/

cu
	Philipp

--
Dr. Philipp Pagel                                Tel.  +49-89-3187-3675
Institute for Bioinformatics / MIPS              Fax.  +49-89-3187-3585