datasets for sequence classification

Thomas Ploetz tploetz at gmx.de
Fri Oct 24 09:54:36 EST 2003

Dear newsgroup readers,

developing a sequence classification system I am looking for some
data sets for training the system as well as for testing it. Are there
some broader accepted data sets available for protein sequence classification
domain? I know, I can create my own using all the public databases of
protein sequences and dividing them into disjoint training and test sets,
but I want to compare my system to different systems and therefore
a standard sample set would be better. In other research fields, like
automatic speech recognition, several standard data sets exist.
Thx in advance and best regards

--
Thomas Ploetz