Advice/Guidance needed

Rinkoo bhupi70 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 18 15:47:24 EST 2004

Hi

I have some questions here about career in Bioinformatics.

I am an Engineer by Education. But I have worked for the last 5 Years
as Programmer/Analyst.

I have always been keenly interested in Biological Sciences. I have
started looking at the various options.

I have looked at Biomedical Engineering, Biotechnology and
Bioinformatics. In fact I have been offered admission Biomedical
Engineering. But I find Bioinformatics more inline with my background
and interest.

I have been studying Biochemistry, Molecular Biology on my own.

I need advise and guidance about
1. Am I making a right choice or "totaly wrong choice" based on my
background.
2. Do I have adequate background, what more do i need.
3. I am going to take General GRE, do i need to take Subject GRE in
Biochem/Molecular Biology.

Please let me know what you feel.

thank you