Free software to display protein secondary structure in 3D view?

bigc bigc_cn at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 27 17:51:12 EST 2004

Hi Gurus,

I'm a newbee to bioinfomatics. It seems that via the secondary
structure we can roughly predict the protein's 3D structure. Then is
there free software (better open source) can display a file like this:
        70        80        90       100       110       120
....:....x....:....x....:....x....:....x....:....x....:....x
VTVQHKKLRTPLNYILLNLAVADLFMVLGGFTSTLYTSLHGYFVFGPTGCNLEGFFATLG
1236136_1236137
EEECCCCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHCCCCCCCCCCCCEECEEEEECCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC     BPS
EEEHHHHHHCCCCEEEHHHHHHHHEHEECCECCCEECCECCEEEECCCCCCCCCHHHCHC     D_R
EEEECCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEECCCCCEEEECEEEEEEECCCCCCCCEEECCCC     DSC
HHHHHCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHCCCCCCEEEECCCEEEEECCCCCCCCCEEEECC     GGR
HHHHHHHCCCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEECCCEEEEEEEEEEEEECCCCCCCCEEEECHC     GOR
ECCCCCCCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHEEEECCCCCEEEECCCCEEEECCCCCCCCCCCCCCC     H_K
EEEEECCCCCCCEEEEEEEEECEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECCCCCCCEEECCCC     K_S
EEECCCCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHEEEECCCCCEEEECEEEEEEECCCCCCCCCEECCCC     JOI

In 3D?

Thanks