KBCS-2004: Call for Participation
ar_kbcs at yahoo.co.uk
ar_kbcs at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Nov 13 15:03:32 EST 2004
<Please accept my apology if you have received multiple copies of the
K B C S 2004
INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON KNOWLEDGE BASED COMPUTER SYSTEMS
Hyderabad, India. December 19-22, 2004
Call for Participation
The International Conference on Knowledge Based Computer Systems will
be held in Hyderabad, India during December 19-22, 2004. The
conference is intended to act as a forum for promoting interaction
among researchers in the field of Artificial Intelligence in India and
There will be a three-day conference during December 20-22, 2004,
preceded by a day of pre-conference tutorials on December 19, 2004.
The conference programme consists of presentations of selected papers,
invited talks, panel discussion and sponsor presentation.
Over 200 papers were submitted to the conference from India and
abroad. After a rigorous international refereeing process, about 50
papers have been selected, which will be presented during the
conference. The papers span areas such as Data Mining, Information
Retrieval, Intelligent Agents, Machine Learning, OCR, Reasoning,
Planning and Scheduling, Search Techniques, etc.
Invited Talks by:
* Prof. Tony Cohn, University of Leeds, UK.
* Prof. Martin Kay, Trinity College, UK.
* Prof. Ramon Mántaras, Campus Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona,
* Prof. Abdul Sattar, Griffith University, Australia.
* Prof. Manuela M. Veloso, Carnegie Mellon University, USA.
==> Speech Recognition and Synthesis (Full Day)
* Prof. Samudravijaya K., TIFR, Mumbai, India.
* Mr. S. P. Kishore, IIIT Hyderabad, India and LTI CMU, USA.
* Dr. R N V Sitaram HP Labs, Bangalore, India.
==> Pattern Evolution Algorithms for Search, Optimization and Data
* Dr. V. Sunderarajan, CDAC Pune, India.
* Dr. V. K. Jayaraman, National Chemical Laboratory, Pune,
==> 'Evolvable Hardware' - Implication on Engineering Design and
Intelligence of Autonomous Systems (Half Day)
* Prof. Mircea Gh. Negoita, Wellington Institute of Technology
* Non-profit R&D and Educational Institutions : Rs. 2800/- (100$)
* Other Institutions : Rs. 4000/- (140$)
* Students : Rs 1500/- (50$)
* Non-profit R&D and Educational Institutions : Rs. 2200/- (70$)
* Other Institutions : Rs. 3500/- (120$)
* Students : Rs 800/- (40$)
* Non-profit R&D and Educational Institutions : Rs. 1500/- (50$)
* Other Institutions : Rs. 2500/- (80$)
* Students : Rs 500/- (25$)
For registration details, please visit the
ITC Hotel Kakatiya Sheraton & Towers,
6-3-1187, Begumpet, Hyderabad - 500 016, A.P., India.
IIIT, Gachibowli, Hyderabad - 500 019, A.P., India.
Aravind K. Joshi, University of Pennsylvania
P.V.S. Rao, Tata Infotech Ltd., Mumbai
R. Narasimhan, CMC, Bangalore
K.S.R. Anjaneyulu, HP Labs, Bangalore
Vivek Balaraman, TRDDC, Pune
Pushpak Bhattacharya, IIT Mumbai
PP Chakraborti, IIT Kharagpur
S. Kambhampati, Arizona State University
M. Narasimha Murty, IISc, Bangalore
Bernd Neumann, University of Hamburg
Arun K Pujari, University of Hyderabad
S. Ramani, HP Labs, Bangalore
P.V.S. Rao, Tata Infotech Ltd., Mumbai (Chair)
Durgesh D. Rao, DR Systems, Mumbai
P. Saint-Dizier, University of Paul Sabatier, France
K. Samudravijaya, TIFR, Mumbai
R. Sangal, IIIT, Hyderabad
M. Sasikumar, C-DAC Mumbai (formerly NCST) (co-chair)
S. Sen Gupta, Tata Infotech Ltd., Mumbai
R. Uthurusamy, GMR Labs, USA (co-chair)
Request for Information:
For further information please refer to the KBCS-2004 home page or
C-DAC Mumbai (formerly NCST)
Raintree Marg, Near Bharati Vidyapeeth,
Opp. Kharghar Railway Station,
Sector 7, CBD Belapur,
Navi Mumbai - 400 614, INDIA.
E-mail: kbcs at ncst.ernet.in
More information about the Comp-bio