[Computational-biology] Re: Help with a bioinformatics problem

Thomas Jahns Thomas.Jahns at epost.de
Fri Aug 5 16:56:58 EST 2005

"JoeT" <trubisz at yahoo.com> writes:
> i'm trying to do a genome (i think) comparison between A. agrarius, R
> novegius, C glareolus and being new to bioinformatics, i'm not exactly
> sure what would be the best nucleotide or genome part that i should
> select is doing a multiple sequence analysis.
> can someone point me to the correct thing i should do?

You should perhaps describe in more detail what you intend to
compare. While the chromosomes of a genome may be available as single
sequences, it's usually only single genes which are subjected to
multiple alignment.

Thomas Jahns
"Computers are good at following instructions,
 but not at reading your mind."
D. E. Knuth, The TeXbook, Addison-Wesley 1984, 1986, 1996, p. 9