[Computational-biology] Re: Help with a bioinformatics problem

Thomas Jahns Thomas.Jahns at epost.de
Fri Aug 5 16:56:58 EST 2005

"JoeT" <trubisz at yahoo.com> writes:
> i'm trying to do a genome (i think) comparison between A. agrarius, R
> novegius, C glareolus and being new to bioinformatics, i'm not exactly
> sure what would be the best nucleotide or genome part that i should
> select is doing a multiple sequence analysis.
>
> can someone point me to the correct thing i should do?

You should perhaps describe in more detail what you intend to
compare. While the chromosomes of a genome may be available as single
sequences, it's usually only single genes which are subjected to
multiple alignment.

Thomas Jahns
--
"Computers are good at following instructions,
 but not at reading your mind."