how to start with bioinformatics

Mr. M.J. Lush mlush at
Sun Feb 20 13:58:40 EST 2005

In article <1106342116.099408.181490 at>,
vk02720 <vk02720 at> wrote:
>I am Software Engineer and have good knowledge of C,C++,Java, Perl,
>Databases etc. I would like to get into the Bioinformatics area. Which
>is a good book to begin with ?
>Are there any websites available to point me in that direction?
>Any good correspondence courses ?

I can't suggest any courses but I can suggest a good book to
start learning the Biology

The Cartoon Guide to Genetics
Larry Gonick (Illustrator), Mark Wheelis

Takes you from utter basics through to First year genetics
while entertaining you.

NPC rights activist  |  Nameless Abominations are people too.