DGCI 2005: First Call for Participation

DGCI 2005 dgci at sic.univ-poitiers.fr
Sun Feb 20 14:02:53 EST 2005

       DGCI'2005

       FIRST CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

       12th International Conference on
       Discrete Geometry for Computer Imagery

       April 13-15, 2005

       POITIERS - FRANCE

       http://www.sic.sp2mi.univ-poitiers.fr/dgci/

IMPORTANT DATES :

   Deadline for early registration: March 18, 2005
   Conference                     : April 13-15, 2005

CONTACT : dgci at sic.univ-poitiers.fr

DGCI'2005 is  the 12th in  the series of international  conferences on
Discrete  Geometry  for  Computer   Imagery.  The  aim  is  to  gather
researchers in  discrete geometry and topology,  discrete models, with
applications in image analysis and image synthesis.

Discrete  geometry plays  an expanding  role  in the  fields of  shape
modelling,  image  synthesis,  and   image  analysis.  It  deals  with
topological  and   geometric  definitions  of   digitized  objects  or
digitized  images and  provides both  a theoretical  and computational
framework for computer imaging.

This  edition of  DGCI follows  the  successful 2003  edition held  in
Naples, Italy.  It  is organized by the SIC  laboratory (Signal, Image
et  Communication laboratory,  Université de  Poitiers). It  will take
place in Poitiers from April 13 to April 15, 2005.

The  conference  will  offer   invited  talks,  lectures  on  selected
articles, presentations of  selected posters, and demonstrations.  The
proceedings of the conference will be published by Springer Verlag, in
the Lecture Notes in Computer Science series.

Full details of the conference can be found on our website at
http://www.sic.sp2mi.univ-poitiers.fr/dgci/.

You will find all information about:

- The scientific program.

- The invited speakers: DGCI 2005 will offer three invited lectures:
    Achille BRAQUELAIRE from Bordeaux, France,
    Jean-Pierre GUEDON from Nantes, France
    Peter VEELAERT from Ghent, Belgium

- The social events: This years Gala event will take place in a
  "Champignonnières".

- The registration and payment methods: note that you need to register
  before March 18, 2005 for early registration. Note also the special
  price if you register to DGCI and GBR.

- Accomodations: We have selected and contacted several hotels that
  are either in walking distance from the conference site or in the
  center of Poitiers.

Please pass on this email to any colleagues who may be interested.

We look forward to welcoming you to Poitiers for DGCI 2005.