[Computational-biology] Seeking Computational Biologist for Cambridge Start-up

Matthijs van Leeuwen mgjvanleeuwen at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 03:33:24 EST 2005

Computational Biology Research Scientist

£25,000+ (pro rata and depending on experience)

SimuGen is a new company amalgamating some of the bright minds from
Cambridge's academic institutions, with a focus on computational
biology approaches to healthcare. We are currently in R&D for the
launch of our first product in 2006 – a predictive toxicology kit that
can be used to screen for the toxicity of substances in settings such
drug development. SimuGen employs the latest computational biology
techniques in microarray analysis, machine learning and gene
expression profiling, translating these into easy to use wet lab kits.

There is currently an opening for a computational biologist with gene
microarray analysis experience. The contract will be for 6 months
(full time), with the possibility for becoming a permanent position.
It is a stimulating opportunity with a high level of responsibility in
product design and research. Toxicology/toxicogenomics experience
would be favoured. Passion for translating good science into a good
product is a must. Please e-mail a cover letter and CV to
info at simugen.co.uk

--

Matthijs van Leeuwen
SimuGen Ltd.