[Computational-biology] Re: Analysis of circular data

Dr Engelbert Buxbaum engelbert_buxbaum at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 3 08:00:44 EST 2006

Eloisa.I.Ruiz at gsk.com wrote:

> Hi Brian
>
> I was looking through some references online and found the question you
> posed about Circular Data.
>
> Have you a book reference or any links you can send on? We would greatly
> appreciate your help.

The classical reference is the book "Circular Statistics" by the late
Eduard Batschelet (Zürich), but unfortunately it is out of print. Your
library should have a copy, though.

Alternatively, you can use "Statistical analysis of circular data" by
N.I. Fischer (Cambridge 1993) which is useful and concise, but I really
understood it only after reading the Batschelet.