[Computational-biology] Circular Data

Mahdi Faravani faravani at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 12 00:03:20 EST 2006

Dear Sir
  Do you have any experience using descriptive and inferential statistics with data measured on a circular scale?
  I have already measured the length of branch and angle to find the direction of branches in a tree.
  I would like to apply the length and angular of branches .I have some software like Oriana ,Axis and S-plus.
  The Oriana and axis software involves comparing diffrent angles  without considering the wieght, lenght or .... ect.

  Such techniques have been described by Mardia (1972),
Zar (1984) and Batschelet (1978, 1981).
  We are using these techniques to examine between different plant densities  . Using the formulae from Zar.       Could you send me more information and a sample of your data and the analysis of circular data.   Regards,   Mahdi Faravani
  faravani at yahoo.com

Mahdi Faravani (PhD student)
  Institute of Biological Sciences, Faculty of Science
University of Malaya, 50603 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
  Web page : http://biology.um.edu.my
H/P:(006-019-373-2326)