[Computational-biology] Error messages when running blastpgp (NCBI PSI-BLAST)

Osnat Dafni via comp-bio%40net.bio.net (by dafniosn from post.tau.ac.il)
Sun Oct 15 09:38:20 EST 2006

Hi,

I'm trying to run the local version of ncbi psi-blast (blastpgp) using a =
self-generated database and a fasta query file. I get the following =
error messages repeatedly while the program runs:

[NULL_Caption] ERROR: ncbiapi [000.000]  BioseqFindFunc: couldn't =
uncache
[NULL_Caption] ERROR: ncbiapi [000.000]  ObjMgrNextAvailEntityID failed =
with idx 2048

I'm using the following command line:

blastpgp -d db_file -i query_file -e 1.0 -m 8 -o output_file -I T -a 2 =
-j 4 -h 0.001

While experimenting I've noticed that when replacing the option "-m 8" =
(tabular output format) with "-m 0" (default output format), the errors =
go away.

Does any one has any information about what could be causing these =
errors?
Thanks in advance.