[Computational-biology] DNA-binding protein recognition sequence database?

Thilognee Subramani SubramaniT at ukzn.ac.za
Fri Sep 15 04:17:07 EST 2006

Hi

I am just wondering whether you can give me some direction to my
project on how to go abt doing the computational part of my project.
I have a protein that we suspect may be involved in DNA binding and
thereby play a role in transcription. Its TIMP-1
:MAPFEPLASGILLLLWLIAPSRACTCVPPHPQTAFCNSDLVIRAKFVGTPEVNQTTLYQRYEIKMTKMYKGFQALGDAADIRFVYTPAMESVCGYFHRSHNRSEEFLIAGKLQDGLLHITTCSFVAPWNSLSLAQRRGFTKTYTVGCEECTVFPCLSIPCKLQSGTHCLWTDQLLQGSEKGFQSRHLACLPREPGLCTWQSLRSQIA
 It is an ob-fold protein.  How should i go abt trying to analyse this
protein computationally.  All these computer programs just confuse me.
Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thank you so much for your timme.

Best Regards
Thilognee Subramani
Technician
Department of Biochemistry
School of Biochemistry, Genetics, Microbiology and Plant Pathology
University of KwaZulu Natal, Pietermaritzburg
Private Bag X01, Scottsville, 3209
Republic of South Africa

Tel: +33 260-5469
Fax: +33 260-5462