[Computational-biology] How to use FoldX

최윤섭 via comp-bio%40net.bio.net (by ambition from postech.ac.kr)
Mon Aug 6 11:57:35 EST 2007

Hello,

I’d like to use the FoldX at linux server in my lab in order to predict
the mutation effects of certain protein structure.

But I found it is quite difficult to run it because I couldn’t figure out
how to make runfile.

Is there anybody who can show me a simple example of runfile to predict the
mutation effect?

If I want to change alanine residue (residue number 3) of chain B in
1XXX.pdb to valine with all the other options as default, what the runfile
will be?

And if you know the better mutation effect prediction tool (based on the
PDB structure as input), please let me know.

Thank you.