[Computational-biology] Bioinformatician Vacancy - AGR494

Khan, Anar via comp-bio%40net.bio.net (by Anar.Khan from agresearch.co.nz)
Sun Feb 11 20:34:19 EST 2007

Vacancy: Bioinformatician
AgResearch - Applied Biotechnologies

As part of AgResearch's company strategy we are continuing to grow our
business in the area of bioinformatics.  This capability is essential
for our science discovery.

In this position you will be part of a national team of 26
bioinformaticians, mathematical biologists and statisticians and be
based at our Grasslands campus at Palmerston North, New Zealand.  This
is a permanent position.

You will be an advocate for bioinformatics within AgResearch; you will
work collaboratively on projects and will provide bioinformatics
training and advice to science staff working in the biotechnology area.

We are seeking a person who has:
*	An excellent tertiary qualification in molecular biology or
genetics
*	Experience with the use of bioinformatics applications
*	Knowledge of life sciences databases and the internet
*	Well developed IT technical skills and web based technologies
*	Experience in a training environment
*	Excellent writing, speaking and interpersonal skills
*	Familiarity with Perl, Java or Unix Scripting

If you possess the above skills, we would like to hear from you.

To find out more about this position please contact Peter Johnstone by
email peter.johnstone from agresearch.co.nz or alternatively phone +64 3 489
9081.

For a job description and to apply on line please go to
http://www.agresearch.co.nz/recruitment .  Vacancy No AGR494.  Please
provide contact details for 2 Referees with your application.

For general information on AgResearch please visit our website at
www.agresearch.co.nz

Applications close 9th March 2007.

sender immediately.