[Computational-biology] Travel fellowships: Call for applications!

Prash via comp-bio%40net.bio.net (by prash from ruc.dk)
Tue Apr 15 11:54:53 EST 2008

Dear colleagues,

We would like to invite you to apply for travel fellowships available
for participants in the 4th ISCB Student Council Symposium at ISMB
2008 in Toronto (Canada). We are able to provide 7 travel fellowships
worth 1000 USD each.

http://symposium.iscbsc.org/content/travel-fellowships

The deadline for applications is May 26th. This is also the abstract
submission closing date.

Keynotes by Mark Gerstein, Timothy Hughes and Burkhard Rost as well as
a panel discussion on "Career Paths in Bioinformatics and
Computational Biology" with panelists Philip Bourne, Alfonso Valencia,
Jong Bhak and Richard Wintle are part of the updated agenda.

We are happy to announce that we will again publish a selection of
outstanding abstracts as a supplement to BMC Bioinformatics.

Please forward this announcement to anyone who might be interested.
Thank you very much!

Best regards,

Nils Gehlenborg
Chair, ISCB Student Council

Lucia Peixoto
Chair, 4th ISCB Student Council

Prashanth Suravajhala
PhD Fellow
http://ruc.dk/~prash/

"We didn't know it at the time, but we found out everything in life is so
similar, that the same genes that work in flies are the ones that work in
humans"

~~Eric Wieschaus, co-winner of the 1995 Nobel prize in medicine for
work on the
genetics of Drosophila development