To whom it may concern:
i'm a reader of the comp-bio list and would like to distribute an open
position for a programmer/software developer at the University of
Veterinary Medicine (VMU) Vienna. -Thanks.
JOB: open programmer position; academic; Vienna, Austria,
The University of Veterinary Medicine (VMU) Vienna plans for the
construction of several large-scale, heterogeneous biodatabases (e.g.,
for the comprehensive and long-term acquisition and information
retrieval of cancer data) and searches for a programer or software
- Database construction, administration, integration, and processing of heterogenous data;
- Requirement analysis (direct);
- Analysis, design and implementation of application modules and web interfaces for applied biological research and e-learning;
- Processing of scientific data;
- Occasionally small amount of user support for hard/software.
- Excellent knowledge of object oriented programming (Java/C++);
- Database programming (SQL, postgreSQL) and data modelling in relational DBs
- Knowledge of Linux/UNIX and OS X (scripting); Windows and Tomcat-experience are a plus;
- Interest to actively collaborate in research projects in the fields of computational biology and/or population genetics;
- Professional, cooperative, systematical, and goal-oriented working style
- Good communications skills.
- Completed education in computer science;
- Experience in design and implementation of sofware applications.
http://www.vu-wien.ac.at/en. Department of Genetics.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
To be negotiated.
HOW TO APPLY:
E-mail: <christian.schloetterer from vu-wien.ac.at> or <holste from alum.mit.edu>.
As long as position is open.