[Computational-biology] Postdoctoral Position in Computational Biology

Frank Emmert-Streib via comp-bio%40net.bio.net (by v from bio-complexity.com)
Tue Jun 24 12:49:48 EST 2008

Postdoctoral Position in Computational Biology

A postdoctoral position is available in the Computational Biology and
Machine Learning group at Queen's University Belfast. Our group is
interested in the analysis of high-throughput data from microarray
experiments from complex diseases and especially from cancer. We design,
develop and apply computational and statistical methods with an emphasis
on network-based methods to study pathway related questions. Current
projects comprise but are not limited to the inference of gene networks
and their analysis to obtain a functional understanding of molecular
biological processes. Our group is located in the Center for Cancer
Research and Cell Biology (CCRCB). For more information about the group
and projects visit www.bio-complexity.com .

The qualified applicant should have a PhD in Computational Biology,
Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics,
Statistics or related quantitative fields. Strong programming skills
(R/python/C++/Java) in a Linux environment and experience in some of the
fields: classification/clustering methods, graphical models, graph theory,
Monte Carlo methods, optimization, statistical inference. Good
communication skills are essential and knowledge in Molecular Biology is
desirable. Experience to work with massive data sets is a plus.

The ideal candidate would be self-propelled, enthusiastic and be able to
work independently but goal oriented. The research of the successful
candidate will contribute to the current projects of the group.

Candidates on a senior level with strong publication record are especially
encouraged.

Interested applicants should apply here:

http://www.qub.ac.uk/sites/QUBJobVacancies/JobDetails/?vac_no=08/100485&ref=08/100485

CLOSING DATE : Friday 11 July 2008.

If you have questions please contact Frank Emmert-Streib
(v at bio-complexity.com).