[Computational-biology] Comparing densities

Danny Norrey via comp-bio%40net.bio.net (by dannynorrey from hotmail.com)
Mon Sep 8 05:29:41 EST 2008

Dear  list / comp-bio from net.bio.net
I am currently undertaking a project on small Madeiran passerines using distance sampling. I was wondering whether anyone can help me, I have chosen models based on AIC; Goodness of fit, etc, however, each species is more suited to a different model. Is it therefore possible to compare densities between species? (Using different models), as the difference may be a function of the choice of model not a difference in population size.
Thanks in advance and sorry if this has appeared in a previous thread
John Norrey
Make a mini you and download it into Windows Live Messenger