[Computational-biology] GeneGo's Group Meetings, 28-29 April 2009, Germany

EMBL Courses & Conferences via comp-bio%40net.bio.net (by conferences from embl.de)
Fri Mar 27 10:10:20 EST 2009

GeneGo’s User Group Meetings - Register today!

28-29 April 2009 , Heidelberg, Germany - EMBL

RSVP today to reserve your seat…

The User Group Meeting is free of charge and we will be having excellent presentations from GeneGo users showing how they apply MetaCore and MetaDrug to their projects.  We will then follow this with roundtable feedback discussions.  We will share information we have from the US user group meeting and follow this with a training course to introduce everyone to MetaCore and show some “tricks of the trade”.  Please take a look at the agenda below.

We have limited space for this meeting so please reserve a seat today by emailing erin from genego.com or go to our web site for more details: http://www.genego.com/ugm.php

Agenda:

Tuesday, April 28th, 2009
Building number 4
European Molecular Biology Laboratory
Meyerhofstr. 1
EMBL, Heidelberg, Germany

8:30 – 9:00 am  Registration and Continental Breakfast

9:00 – 9:45 am  GeneGo news and fundamentals, Julie Bryant, VP Business Development, GeneGo Inc
9:45 – 10:45 am  Welcome address, Dr Yuri Nikolsky, CEO, GeneGo Inc
GeneGo’s scientific vision for systems biology and what the future has in store
10:45 – 11:00 am  Break

11:00 – 11:45 am  Dr. Ewan Hunter, Application Scientist, GeneGo Inc, “Biological Pathway and Network analysis of a genome wide association study (GWAS) of Parkinson Disease patients.”

11:45 am – 12:30 pm  Professor Nicol Keith, University of Glasgow, “Biomarker & drug development opportunities in telomerase cancer biology & cellular senescence”
12:30 – 1:15 pm  Lunch
1:15 – 2:00 pm  Dr. Julie Huxley-Jones, GlaxoSmithKline, “Pathway analysis for drug discovery”
2:00 – 2:45 pm  Dr. Richard Brennan, Director of Toxicology, GeneGo, “Systems biology approaches to mechanistic and predictive toxicity assessment”

2:45 – 3:00 pm  Break
3:00 – 3:45 pm  Dr. Phil Hewitt, Merck Serono, “Characterisation of peroxisome proliferators in rat and human primary hepatrocytes”
3:45 – 4:30 pm  Sarah J. McQuay, Linguamatics, “Using agile NLP-based text mining to complement functional and network analysis for identifying key disease-related pathways”
4:30 – 5:15 pm  Dr. Andrew White, Unilever, “Toxicogenomic Approaches and the utilization of MetaCore to Provide New Molecular Insights into Consumer Safety Endpoints”

Tuesday, April 29th, 2009
Building number 4
European Molecular Biology Laboratory
Meyerhofstr. 1
EMBL, Heidelberg, Germany
Training: Computer training lab 6.51a on 6th floor of building 1 D
8:30 – 9:00 am  Continental Breakfast
9:00 – 9:05 am  Logistics, Julie Bryant, VP Business Development, GeneGo Inc
9:05 – 9:45 am  Julie Bryant, VP Business development, GeneGo MetaMiner Project Update
9:45 – 10:30 am  Customer feedback and development suggestions roundtable
10:30 – 10:45 am  Break
10:45 – 11:00 am  Partners and integration round table
11:00 – 11:15 am  Close, Julie Bryant, VP Business Development, GeneGo Inc
11:15 am – 12:30 pm  Training session: Computer training lab 6.51a, on the 6th floor in building 1 D.  Introduction and data mining
12:30 – 1:30 pm  Lunch
1:30 – 4 pm  Training: Uploading data, running analysis, using workflows, ontological enrichment, pathway maps and networks.

We look forward to seeing you.  Thanks for all your support.
Best Wishes
Julie
===================================
Julie Bryant