[Computational-biology] Perl script in miRanda microRNA data output

Lyle Wiedeman via comp-bio%40net.bio.net (by wiedeman from uci.edu)
Tue Sep 29 13:06:57 EST 2009

It's also easy and sometimes faster to do with sed:

sed -e '/no hits/d' output.txt

	Lyle Wiedeman
	UC Irvine

-----Original Message-----
From: comp-bio-bounces from oat.bio.indiana.edu
[mailto:comp-bio-bounces from oat.bio.indiana.edu] On Behalf Of Morris, Chris
(STFC,DL,CSE)
Sent: Tuesday, September 29, 2009 3:44 AM
To: kennerqq; comp-bio from magpie.bio.indiana.edu
Subject: RE: [Computational-biology] Perl script in miRanda microRNA data
output

You don't even need per perl. Just do:
    grep -v 'no hits' output.txt

Chris Morris
chris.morris from stfc.ac.uk
Tel: +44 1925 603689  Fax: +44 1925 603825
Mobile: 07921-717915
http://pims.instruct-fp7.eu/
STFC, Daresbury Lab,  Daresbury,  Warrington,  UK,  WA4 4AD

It come
> up with a large file which includes those "hits" and "no hits" lines.
Since