[Computational-biology] Distance courses using R

Heather Vincent via comp-bio%40net.bio.net (by Heather.Vincent from manchester.ac.uk)
Thu Dec 23 17:10:32 EST 2010

At the University of Manchester, UK, we have over 10 years experience in
teaching a range of online Masters level courses in computational
biology.  These courses are designed to enable those with a background
in the life sciences, computer science, mathematics or related
disciplines to update their skills, while remaining in the workplace.
The courses are also very suitable for home study, helping you to keep
in touch with a research environment while taking a career break.

The modules running next semester, from March 2011, include :

Mathematics for metabolic modelling
and
Introduction to microarray data analysis

'Mathematics for metabolic modelling' is a practical course, designed to
help biologists to understand biological problems. It is intended to
prepare people for our more advanced course in computational systems
biology, which will run again in October 2011.  Students are introduced
to R, which is then used for the practical exercises.

In 'Introduction to microarray data analysis' course participants learn
to use Bioconductor for the practical work.

For further information, please visit our programme website :
http://octette.cs.man.ac.uk/bioinformatics/index.html

If you have any questions, or would like advice on the options, please
contact the office for Advanced Professional Education (ape from cs.man.ac.uk).