[Computational-biology] Program for parsimony score

rajat via comp-bio%40net.bio.net (by rajatg13 from gmail.com)
Wed Dec 28 14:18:32 EST 2011

Hi,

I am doing some experiment regarding parsimony score of phylogenetic
trees.
I used parsimonator to calculate the parsimony score of my tree.
But I also need another software/program so that I can confirm that
the parsimony score I am getting is consistent.
Can anyone suggest any software/program which takes a newick tree as
an input (or a tree in different format) and calculates its parsimony
score?
I do not want a software which does anything to my tree. I simply want
the program to return the parsimony score of my tree without
optimizing the tree.

Thanks in advance
Rajat