[Computational-biology] Distance course in network biology @ The University of Manchester

Heather Vincent via comp-bio%40net.bio.net (by Heather.Vincent from manchester.ac.uk)
Tue Jun 7 14:23:38 EST 2011

The University of Manchester's distance learning course, 'Bioinformatics
for Systems Biology'
(http://octette.cs.man.ac.uk/bioinformatics/modules/systemsbiology.html), will
begin again in October 2011. The course covers:

* The use of models in biology
* The structure and use of public pathway and interaction databases
* The reconstruction of biological networks from experimental data
* Network statistics
* Analysis and interpretation of experimental data in the context of
biological networks
* Advanced topics

The final section will prepare participants for our advanced course in
'Computational Systems Biology'.

You will find links to all of our distance courses here :
http://octette.cs.man.ac.uk/bioinformatics/modules/index.html  If you
have questions about any course, please contact the tutor named on the
course information page.  For general queries about the programme, and
to apply, please mail our office for Advanced Professional Education
(ape from cs.man.ac.uk).