[Computational-biology] Workshop: Modern Drug Target
Crystallography & Structure Based Drug Discovery
(by andy from molsoft.com)
Mon May 30 14:20:59 EST 2011
On June 16th-17th MolSoft will be hosting a workshop entitled "Modern
Drug Target Crystallography and Structure Based Drug Discovery
<http://www.ruppweb.org/workshops/Molsoft_2011.htm>" in San Diego, CA.
This is a two day workshop presented by two experts in the field: Dr.
Bernhard Rupp, crystallography textbook author and president of q.e.d.
life science discoveries and Prof. Ruben Abagyan, founder of Molsoft LLC
and Professor of Pharmacology at the UCSD Skaggs School of Pharmacy and
Pharmaceutical Sciences in La Jolla, California.
The workshop includes hands-on experiments, demonstrations, and
lectures. The topics include:
* protein crystallization demonstrations
* actual structure determination using anomalous diffraction methods
and molecular replacement
* model building and refinement
* structure analysis and interpretation
* molecular graphics and communication on the web and PowerPoint
using ActiveICM <http://www.molsoft.com/activeicm.html>
* predicting drug binding pockets and interaction sites
* in-silico ligand docking and virtual library screening
The workshop is suitable for executives, scientists, and technicians in
the field of biological sciences and drug discovery, who wish to expand
their knowledge in the rapidly advancing field of high throughput drug
target crystallography and /in silico/ drug discovery methods.
Andrew Orry Ph.D.
Senior Research Scientist
11199 Sorrento Valley Road, S209
Tel: 858-625-2000 x108
More information about the Comp-bio