[Computational-biology] ALIFE 2014 Workshop extension: Exploiting synergies between biology and artificial life technologies: tools, possibilities, and examples New York, NY, USA - July 30th 2014

=?Windows-1252?Q?Kasper_St=F8y?= via comp-bio%40net.bio.net (by ksty from itu.dk)
Tue May 20 01:41:00 EST 2014

Extended deadline:

Due to no demand and an abysmal low number of submission we have extended t=
he deadline. Are
you building hybrid biological, chemical and/or robotic systems this is you=
r chance.

ALIFE 2014 Workshop: Exploiting synergies between biology and artificial li=
fe technologies: tools, possibilities, and examples
New York, NY, USA - July 30th 2014

Overview

Artificial life research is typically performed isolated in the context of =
one of the three main strands of artificial life: soft, hard, or wet. While=
 this division is both practically and historically rooted, we feel it will=
 be fruitful for the artificial life community to consider potential overla=
ps and synergies between these strands and, further, to also consider overl=
aps and synergies with biological life. We hope that considering these over=
laps and synergies may be a source for new science and applications of arti=
ficial life research.

The goal of this workshop is to look at how these artificial and biological=
 life forms can complement each other and potentially form synergistic rela=
tionships. At this early stage we are interested in looking at which  tools=
 can form the practical basis for exploring synergies and examples of speci=
fic interactions among at least two of the four life forms. Given that this=
 is a workshop, we are also highly interested in discussing possibilities t=
hat are purely speculative. The organizers are particularly interested in d=
iscussing overlaps between robotics, artificial life chemistry, and microbi=
als systems, but other topics falling under the workshop theme are also wel=
come.

Organizers

Kasper Stoy, IT University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Martin Hanczyc, University of Trento, Italy
Ioannis Ieropoulous, University of West of England, U.K.
Michal Wagner, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Germany
Lee Cronin, University of Glasgow, Scotland

Important Deadlines

Paper submission EXTENDED deadline: June, 1st, 2014.
Author notification: June, 8, 2014.
Registration: June 13 (for early rates), see Alife 14 conference registrati=
on.
Workshop date: July 30, 2014, from 1pm-7pm

Submission Instructions

The workshop accepts the same submission types and formatting as the main A=
LIFE conference: you can either submit a two-page extended abstract or an e=
ight-page full paper. Formatting instructions can be found at http://blogs.=
cornell.edu/alife14nyc/papers/. Please e-mail your contribution to ksty from itu=
.dk<mailto:ksty from itu.dk> by the deadline stated above. The proceedings will =
be made available online on the workshop website.

Updated information

Please refer to the workshop=92s webpage for updates http://evobliss.eu/ind=
ex.php?page=3Dworkshop-overview