Deep sea hydrothermal bacteria

B. R. Kulak kulak at
Thu Feb 15 19:56:53 EST 1996

dave.thomson (dave.thomson at wrote:
:          Hi folks!  My name is Sandy. I'm looking for info on bacteria that
grow at : deep-sea hydrothermal vents and live primarily on hydrogen sulfide.
I read : that they also have been found inthe volcanic crater of Mt. Saint
Helens.This : address is not my personal address but I will receive e-mail
sent to me through : the above address. Thanks,Sandy

I strongly recommend a relatively new book (1995) edited by David Karl of the
University of Hawaii, entitled "Microbiology of Deep-sea Hydrothermal Vents."

This should have all of the information you need, but should you want to
explore something further, the references in the book will point you in the
right direction.

Hope this helps,

Brian Kulak