Andrea Palazzi pal at
Fri Nov 22 12:59:42 EST 1996

Hi everybody -- Here's a help request I've been asked to forward.
Please dont answer to me! I'm no biologist nor geographer!
TIA for any helps,
Andrea Palazzi
pal at

 :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

I'm a marine biologist and I'm looking for a PC program that could help me
in drawing spotted distribution maps, where each spot represents a unique
geographic coordinate - e.g. a given latitude and longitude.

I've thousands of samples to represent and without such an help I would be
forced to draw several differently sized maps and, on each of these, try to
locate the point corresponding to the coordinates of each sample - a
painstaking work, indeed.

The scale of the maps I need is not so detailed, in the order of
1:25,000,000 to max about 1:1,000,000. Areas concerned are Indian and SW
Pacific Ocean.

If you have heard of some tool that could be help to me I thank you in
advance if you'll let me know !

Please address answers to: spalazzi at
with subject: MAPPING