Dirivultidae (Copepoda)

Dr. Andrew G. McArthur mcarthur at onyx.si.edu
Fri Apr 25 11:10:50 EST 1997

Colleagues,

I am in need of the email address of Dr. Arthur G. Humes (copepod
systematics) and Dr. Meredith L. Jones (vestimentiferan systematics) as I
am examining the endemicity of the copepod family Dirivultidae (Humes &
Dojiri 1980) that was first described as associated with the
vestimentiferan Lamellibranchia barhami.  All records of Dirivultidae in
the Zoological Records are from hydrothermal vents except the original
description.  It is unclear from Humes & Dojiri (1980) what the environment
of the original Dirivultidae / Lamellibranchia barhami was.  These L.
barhami were from the same locality as their original description by Webb
(1969).  Jones (1985) redescribed these L. barhami but did not outline
habitat.  I've yet to get a copy of Webb (1969) through our library system
and wonder if anyone can give me citations as to the habitat of these L.
barhami.  Is it vent, seep, otherwise?  Much thanks.

Andrew McArthur
DEEPSEA Moderator

Laboratory of Molecular Systematics & Department of Invertebrate Zoology
National Museum of Natural History
Smithsonian Institution, U.S.A.

Email: mcarthur at onyx.si.edu
Phone: (301) 238-3444 - Extension 112