deep sea worms, gulf of mexico

Glenn wa6bxw at gotnet.net
Mon Aug 4 09:04:29 EST 1997

one of the Sacramento tv stations had a short news piece about deep sea
worms discovered in the gulf of mexico at depth 1800 feet. according to
the news brief, the worms apparently feed on bacteria, and possibly farm
them much like the ants do the aphids. the bacteria apparently feed on
"methane ice,"  which was the term the newscasters used.
requests for further information about the worms and possibly the source
of information simply have been ignored or are of very low interest to
the staff.
can you give me the information about this subject matter ?
I am retired and just interested in science.
Thank you
Glenn R. Farnsworth
wa6bxw at gotnet.net