Rimicaris exoculata

Dr. Andrew G. McArthur mcarthur at onyx.si.edu
Mon Sep 15 22:17:04 EST 1997

>I am trying to gather information on R. exoculata but am having trouble
>finding the literature.  Any help would be appreciated.
>
>Thank you.

Rimicaris exoculata is described in:

Williams, A.B. & P.A. Rona. 1986. Two new caridean shrimps (Bresiliidae)
from a hydrothermal field on the Mid-Atlantic Ridge. Journal of Crustacean
Biology, 6(3), 446-462.

Here are selected references for the "Alvincarididae", anyone know of more
recent ones?

Williams, A. B. and R. A. Chace, Jr, 1982. A new Caridean shrimp of the
Family Bresiliidae from thermal vents of the Galapagos Rift. Jour. Crust.
Biol. 2: 136-147.

Martin, J. W. and R. R. Hessler. 1990. Chorocaris vandoverae, a new genus
and species of hydrothermal vent shrimp (Crustacea, Decapoda, Bresiliidae)
from the western Pacific.  Cont. in Science, Nat. Hist. Mus. Los Angeles
County, No. 417: 1-11.

Martin, J. W. and J. C. Christiansen.  1995.  A new species of the shrimp
genus Chorocaris Martin & Hessler, 1990 (Crustacea: Decapoda: Bresiliidae)
from hydrothermal vent fields along the Mid-Atlantic Ridge.  Proc. Biol.
Soc. Washington, 108(2): 220-227.

Segonzac, M., M. de Saint Laurent and B. Casanova. 1994. The enigma of the
trophic behaviour of Alvinocaridid shrimps from hydrothermal vent sites on
the Mid-Atlantic Ridge. Cahiers de Biologie Marine, 34:535-571. [IN FRENCH]

Christoffersen, M.L. 1986. Phylogenetic relationships between Oplophoridae,
Atyidae, Pasiphaeidae, Alvinocarididae fam. n., Bresiliidae, Psalidopodidae
and Disciadidae (Crustacea Caridae Atyoidea). Bolm. Zool., Univ. S. Paulo,
10, 273-281.

Christoffersen, M.L. 1991. A new superfamily classification of the Caridea
(Crustacea: Pleocyemata) based on phylogenetic pattern. Zeitschrift Zool.
Syst. Evolutionsforchung, 28, 94-106.