Sea Cuke & Companion

wolfgang at mbay.net wolfgang at mbay.net
Mon Jun 28 06:40:48 EST 1999

I'm looking for information on a specimen from Monterey Bay, taken by a
grab sample at 700 meters.  It's a sea cucmber with tube feet only on
one side.  The ends of the tube feet are dark purple, with the body a
lighter purple.  It has round spicules in the skin.  What we have is
damaged, but it is ~2 inches long.  It has been suggested it is a
Pennichyia.  It is also covered with tiny white cnidarians growing on
stolons.  The cnidarians are barely visible to the naked eye.  Does
anyone have an idea of what they are, or if they are commonly found
together?  Thanks for your time.

--
Trina Heath