Something Big

Richard at irchouse.demon.co.uk Richard at irchouse.demon.co.uk
Wed Jan 19 04:14:53 EST 2000

>>>As well, what specifically do you mean by biologically rich
>>>environments.
>
>Those that have a high biodiversity.   Thus, they have a vast ammount of
>fish, on which larger organisms feed, creating a complex food web.

A bit of the subject but I think that the lower diversity, cold water
areas of the world are more productive than the high diversity, warm
waters. This is probably due to the oxygen saturation issues.

After all the great fisheries of the world tend to be in the cold waters
(Cod, Herring etc.) and the great whales move to the edges of the ice
shelf to feed.

I am prepared to be wrong on this it is not my area!

Richard Seaby

---