Exploitation of Hydrothermal Vents

osp82d at bangor.ac.uk osp82d at bangor.ac.uk
Fri Sep 29 03:26:00 EST 2000

Hi Everyone,
I am presently studying at Bangor University, UK, doing a masters in Marine
Environmental protection.  I am planning to do an essay and presentation on
exploitation of hydrothermal vents both commercial and scientific, and the
laws presently in place to protect these environments.  I need references
for this subject area, particularly;
1) Damage caused by scientific sampling, eg shrimps blinded by floodlights.
2) Commercial use of these areas present or potential.
3) Laws governing use of these habitats.

P.M.Collins BSc     osp82d at bangor.ac.uk