Deep Sea Largest Creature IMAX?

bspeersr at bspeersr at
Tue Apr 12 03:32:19 EST 2005

I haven't seen this IMAX film but the creature(s) you are referring to are
undoubtedly siphonophores (order Siphonophora). These are colonial hydrozoans
(class Hydrozoa, which also contains the ubiquitous *Hydra*, and belong to the
phylum Cnidaria along with creatures such as corals, jellyfish and anemones).
They are common worldwide in epipelagic to mesopelagic waters (and deeper?).

Quoting gmark at