Deep Sea Largest Creature IMAX?

bspeersr at uoguelph.ca bspeersr at uoguelph.ca
Tue Apr 12 03:32:19 EST 2005

I haven't seen this IMAX film but the creature(s) you are referring to are
undoubtedly siphonophores (order Siphonophora). These are colonial hydrozoans
(class Hydrozoa, which also contains the ubiquitous *Hydra*, and belong to the
phylum Cnidaria along with creatures such as corals, jellyfish and anemones).
They are common worldwide in epipelagic to mesopelagic waters (and deeper?).

cheers
Ben

Quoting gmark at svs.com: