[Deepsea] Baited stations?

Carolina García cgarcia at fundacionmalpelo.org
Mon Aug 1 14:45:18 EST 2005

Hi,
We are conducting the first Deep Sea inventory in the Pacific waters of Colombia, South America. We have no previous experience with submarines or ROVs, so we would like some expert advise on the following items:
- As time is short, we would like to congregate some creatures to a specific point, so  I would like to know if it is possible to have baited stations at the bottom of the sea, and come back at a later time to see which creatures have gathered around the bait.
-Does it make any sense to have a baited rod in the submarine??

Thanks for your advise,
Carolina

M.Sc. Carolina García Imhof
Fundación Malpelo