Oceans 2005 deadline for abstracts extended to March 4

Nadia Sbeih Nadia.Sbeih at noaa.gov
Fri Feb 25 11:41:33 EST 2005

Apologies for cross-postings - please share this information with your
colleagues and members

  Call for abstracts - deadline extended to March 4, 2005

The OCEANS 2005 MTS/IEEE Conference will take place in Washington, D.C.
September 19-23, 2005.

"One Ocean" emphasizes the vital need for global cooperation and
engagement to protect our internationally connected waters, as well as
the critical role that the "One Ocean" plays in global commerce,
weather, jobs, food supply, recreation, national defense, and mineral
and energy resources. "One Ocean" reinforces the many interrelationships
among the scientific and engineering disciplines, and this conference
provides an unequal led opportunity to network with colleagues from
across the entire spectrum of oceanic and marine interests.

With nearly 100 Areas of Interest at the conference, this will be a
unique opportunity to interact with colleagues in all ocean disciplines.

OCEANS 2005 MTS/IEEE will be a major forum for ocean scientists,
engineers, industry end users and suppliers, technologists, educators
and researchers, policymakers, and the public throughout the world to
present their latest research results, state-of-the-art technologies,
future concepts, and innovative ideas to their peers and many others who
are involved in the future of our "One Ocean."

Call for Technical Papers, Tutorial Sessions, and Student Program:
Deadline for submitting abstracts for technical papers has been extended
to March 4, 2005.

Exhibition Hall: We have space for over 200 (8'x10') exhibition booths.
Details are provided on the website and an interactive floor plan shows
the Exhibition Hall.

Sponsor Opportunities: We have arranged many opportunities to showcase
the "ocean community" throughout our society.

Education and Outreach:  As an important conference element, ocean
education, literacy, and outreach will be highlighted throughout the
entire program.

 For more information about the conference, to submit abstracts visit
the Oceans 2005 website:

www.oceans2005.org <http://www.oceans2005.org>

--

Nadia Sbeih