[Deepsea] Request of information on deep-sea experimental design

yosmina Tapilatu yosmina.tapilatu at etumel.univ-mrs.fr
Thu Apr 13 04:15:01 EST 2006

Dear Deep-Sea members,
    Could anybody please give me the information about any
system/tool/technique/way on how to keep my hydrocarbon substrate at
the interface of culture media and the liquid oxygen source please? i'm
designing a closed system of incubation and still try to solve this
detail. The -suppose to- hydrocarbon degrading bacteria that i used in
my research prefer to stay at this interface and to starve instead of
degrading the hydrocarbon. I plan to incubate the bacteria without
having to agitate the tube of incubation, to imitate the closest
possible the condition of cold deep-sea.

I thank you in advance for your replies.
--
Yosmina TAPILATU