[Deepsea] deep-sea ostracods

sini sini at nio.org
Mon Apr 24 12:24:12 EST 2006

Respected Sir/Madam
I am a Ph.d student working in the National Institute of Ocenography, Dona-Paula, Goa, India, on the Deep-sea macrofauna from the Central Indian Ocean Basin. I seek your help for the identification of some ostracod specimens, from the depth of 4500 m.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" >

I have got some photographs of deep-sea ostracods (3 specimens, depth 4500 m). Will it be possible to help me with the identification with the help of SEM images. The ostracod carapace is in bad shape, hence identification is possible only with appendages.
Hope someone will consider my request and help me.
waiting for a positive response.

With warm regards
Sini