[Deepsea] Re: Deepset organism

Matt via deepsea%40net.bio.net (by MattWriter from AOL.com)
Thu Nov 13 00:35:51 EST 2008

On Nov 10, 9:41 am, "McCartney, Kevin  " <kevin.mccart... from umpi.edu>
> Hello,
>   I am looking for a picture of the bottom of the ocean as seen by the
> Trieste.  This is for a talk I am doing this Wednesday on the beginning
> of deep sea drilling for a "1968" retrospective.  I remember from
> childhood an early image from Triestethat showed a brittle star.  (I am
> wanting to show early images of the lunar surface (from Surveyor) and
> ocean bottom (Trieste) to show the more or less total state of our
> knowledge of both environments up to 1968).  Been unable to find that
> image on the internet.  Any chance you have something like that?  If so,
> could you email me a jpg or similar image (jpg works best for my limited
> powerpoint skills)?  Any other ideas, I would love to hear them.
> Kevin
> Kevin McCartney
> Professor of Geology
> University of Maine at Presque Isle
> Director, Northern Maine Museum of Science
> 181 Main St.
> Presque Isle, ME  04769
>     207.768.9482 (office)
>     207.492.4766 (home)
> UMPI webpage: <http://www.umpi.maine.edu/~mccartnk/>
> Museum webpage: <http://www.umpi.maine.edu/info/nmms/museum.htm>
> Solar System Model:
> <http://www.umpi.maine.edu/info/nmms/solar/index.htm>
> home (B&B) webpage: <http://www.oldironinn.com/>
> .

You'd think that would be easy to find, wouldn't you? I can't turn it
up either. Have you tried Public Affairs at the Office of Naval

Matt Bille