[Deepsea] support whale research

JC Smith via deepsea%40net.bio.net (by orcacita from gmail.com)
Fri Nov 5 16:55:45 EST 2010

Dear fellow marine researchers,

Naked Whale Research (NaWhaRe) encourages individuals and marine researchers
alike to actively take part in helping create public awareness concerning
threats to the long-term survivial of the Endangered Southern Resident
killer whales, known as J,K, and L pods that frequent waters off the coastal
Northwest Pacific.  We are currently interested in killer whale sightings
between Vancouver Island Canada and Farallone Islands, California.  If
anyone sees fins please call us toll-free at 855-SEE-FINS.

We are also soliciting votes.  NaWhaRe has two proposals entered into the
Pepsi Refresh November grant cycle.  One is to help us build a whale
research center in Mendocino, CA and the other is to flesh out our existing
whale sighting network.  The number one voted project receives $250,000.
We'd appreciate your vote, once per day.  (Please only use 1 email account.)

Follow the links below to vote online or in the USA you can also vote from
your mobile phone by sending texts 104208 and 103515 each to Pepsi (73774)

http://www.refresheverything.com/whaleresearchcenter

http://www.refresheverything.com/whalesightingnetwork

Feel free to forward this email to any of your contacts lists in an effort
to help spread the word.

Thank you!

--

JC Smith, M.Sc.
Director, Naked Whale Research

*"Dedicated to filling in the information gap on killer whale habits along
the west coast from Vancouver Island to Monterey Bay."
*