PCR detection of pathogens of veterinary clinical importance.

David Getzy dgetzy at VTH1.VTH.COLOSTATE.EDU
Tue Apr 4 08:47:50 EST 1995

Fellow diags:

We are in the process of setting up a PCR laboratory.  Initially, the
work that will be done relates to pathogenesis of bovine herpesviral
infection and the pathogenesis of toxoplasmal-induced occular damage.  I
am interested in locating references or obtaining comments on folks that
are using this technology currently for the detection of pathogens of
veterinary clinical importance- specifically what pathogens have they
found this methodology useful and " economically-practical".  Also, I am
interested if there is a need for specific development of PCR-based testing
for certain pathogens that currently diagnostic problems (ie-for what
pathogens would a PCR assay be useful for its detection/significance?).