lambda phage mabs

Falk Fish ila2027 at ZEUS.DATASRV.CO.IL
Sat Apr 22 02:06:49 EST 1995

On 21 Apr 1995, Robert Burns wrote:

> Hi all,
>      have any of you had a go at generating antibodies using
> lambda phage expression vectors. I know that one main advantage
> is the numbers of antibodies generated but what are the disadvantages?
> Thirdly does anyone know of an easy-to-use kit which can be used for
> this technology?
>
> Thanks
>
> Robert
>

> Robert Burns

The main problem of this method is the low affinity of the resulting
antibodies.

I did not have direct experience with the method but we keep it in the
back of our minds as a viable strategy to generate antibodies, while
combining it with an approach to ensure that the affinity will be usably
high.

As to a kit: I think Pharmacia offers a kit.  I am not sure and I will
get back after looking at my papers.

You could also contact the guys at Cambridge: they have invented it all.

Falk Fish, Tel-Aviv, Israel