Thermostable enzymes

Richard Schifreen rschifre at
Fri Dec 29 10:05:00 EST 1995

You are absolutely right as to the utility of thermostable enzymes for
working with RNA; and that there currently aren't any available.  We (Life
Technologies/ GIBCO BRL) are trying to engineer a thermostable reverse
transcriptase.  So far, we're still trying.  If you'd like, I'd be glad
to put you in contact with the project leader.

Have a great 1996.

Rich Schifreen          phone: 301-840-4163
Life Technologies       fax:   301-670-1493
   E-Mail: rschifre at