Hepatitis C Testing

Bryan Kiehl b3748 at cts.com
Mon Jul 3 20:09:13 EST 1995

I understand that there either are or may be European regulations that require
 that human reagents be tested for Hepatitis C. I am aware that we must test
for Hepatitis B and HIV.

Can anyone clarify the rules. First are there such rules now? Do or will the
rules require testing materials other than blood products? For example, I
provide a product that uses human thyroglobulin. Obviously we cannot test the
protein, but do we need to certify the donor as Hepatis C negative?

Bryan Kiehl
GenBio
15222-A Avenue of Science
San Diego, CA 92128