Phenolphthalein poisoning --Anthocyanins/fruit

The Big Guy sean at BEST.COM
Sat Jul 8 07:10:25 EST 1995

I have a procedure for using anthocyanins of fruits especially the plum
(prunus) family as
pH/color indicators. Does any one else have any experience with this.
(Ref-Rynearson,James. Curtright,Robert: Analysis of plant pigments of
chromatography.)

Help, please, research project on phenolphthalein poisoning. Need info on
false positive and false negative drug and food interactions on screening
test of phenolphthalein with sodium hydroxide. I have done extensive
searches on Medline,MELVYL at UCSF,GLADIS at UCB, LOIS at
LANE(Stanford),and NML. I have the test procedure but not any info
regarding known drugs or foods such as anthocyanin(fruits) that cause false
positive or false negative test results. I am involved in a personal
situation and any info or help would be greatly appreciated. I have a
medical and chemical educational background and am not looking to tread on
any one's research projects. I need the information strictly for personal
use. Thank you again ahead of time.

 Thank you
 Sean
sean at best.com