Problems with DNA based technology

NAB at LGC.CO.UK NAB at LGC.CO.UK
Mon Jul 31 06:11:00 EST 1995

I am conducting a survey to identify the suitability and
limitations of key DNA based technologies. These include nucleic
acid extraction methods: yield, purity of product, carryover of
chemicals which could inhibit subsequent PCR, one tube protocols
etc. Hybridisation protocols, non-radioactive labelling methods:
relative sensitivity and probe stability etc. I am also
interested in problems associated with all forms of PCR
especially RT-PCR and forensic techniques such as RFLP and STR
profiling, CAP, AFLP etc. Any problems you have experienced and
any suggestions would be more than welcome. I,ve got until the 30
September 1995 so HELP!