CE Mark for Medical Devices Sold in Europe

Paul Schneider schneip at interactive.net
Thu Nov 2 16:12:37 EST 1995

Could one of the UK readers of these newsgroups provide me by e-mail
or posting to these newsgroups a copy of the Guidance Notes For
Manufacturers seking to comply with the EC Directive for Medical
Devices CE Mark Status issued by the Medical Device Agency. One of my
clients has written to the agency at it's Russell Square, London
address requesting the item and has received no reply to date. I
realize that it may yet arrive, but knowing the red tape involved and
the liklihood that it went by surface mail, I decided to try this
newsgroup route. If you send me the document by e-mail please post
that fact to these newsgroups so that my mail box doesn't get
inundated with replys ;-).

Thanks in advance for any help. BTW does the MCA have a presence on
the Intenet? What about the EC divisions or committees involved with
Medical Directives?

Paul Schneider

Paul Schneider, Ph.D., RAC    |Paul Schneider,Ph.D.& Associates
schneip at interactive.net       |     Regulatory Consultants
74604.2211 at compuserve.com     |    Serving the Needs of the
548 Stevens Avenue            |      Health Care Industry
Ridgewood, NJ 07450           |Tel:201-652-0706 FAX:201-652-1289