CE Mark for Medical Devices Sold in Europe

Kevin O'Donnell odonnell at sasa.gov.uk
Fri Nov 3 09:15:19 EST 1995

> Could one of the UK readers of these newsgroups provide me by e-mail
> or posting to these newsgroups a copy of the Guidance Notes For
> Manufacturers seking to comply with the EC Directive for Medical
> Devices CE Mark Status issued by the Medical Device Agency. One of my
> clients has written to the agency at it's Russell Square, London
> address requesting the item and has received no reply to date.

> Thanks in advance for any help. BTW does the MCA have a presence on
> the Intenet? What about the EC divisions or committees involved with
> Medical Directives?

I can't help with your specific query but I can tell you that there is =
a lot of EC
 information available on the internet. There is a very good clearing =
house at:

This site not only has links for the various Euro-bodies but also links =
all of the individual European state's government agencies.

Hope this is helpful,

Dr Kevin O'Donnell		   "Work as if you were in the early days
Diagnostics and Molecular Biology       of a better nation"  Alasdair =
Scottish Agricultural Science Agency
Edinburgh                         		odonnell at sasa.gov.uk